Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Wave


It was an overcast day in Tofino Canada, and we had brought our surf boards. I stepped out of the trees and onto the beach with my surf board in hand. The waves were about seven to eight foot swells rising off the water. I could see some patches of blue in the sky but it was mostly cloudy. I put my wet suit on because the water was fifty degrees. I put the Velcro strap around my ankle and charge into the water.

I jump onto the board, and the water splashes my and seeps into the wet suit. I was cold at first but I got used to it. I go about forty to fifty yards off the beach, and that’s where I road my first wave. It wasn’t big but it was a fun small one. After that fog had rolled in, and I couldn’t see the beach when I got out. I have my head on a swivel looking for a wave.

Right behind me I see a large wave, it was around eight to ten feet off the water. I lay on the board and start to paddle with my hands the wave just started to curl, and I was on it. The nose of my board was pointing down and I was going fast. I couldn’t see shore yet but I could hear my mom and dad yelling that they were filming. The wave crashes, and I go even faster. The board was shaking, but I stayed on.

When I reach the shore my parent congratulated me and so did some people who were close to them. Throughout the rest of the day I mostly surfed, but also chilled on the beach. The fog had eventually cleared, and most of the clouds vanished as well. I had a great day but that nothing beat that first wave.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment