Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Big Catch


My dad and I were walking along the river with fly fishing rod in hand. I love fly fishing and we already caught some fish. We were walking along the Rio Grand six hours away from Denver. My aunt’s house is up there and we go up at least once a year. This time I fly fishing with my dad.

We step out through an opening in the trees and I could see fish swimming around in the cold water. I take a one cast, and another, and on the third cast a fish jumps out of the water and onto the fly. It pulls the rod and I start fighting it. It starts to loses its energy so I reel it in. I take the fish out of the water, I held it while my dad measured it. 18 inches! It was the biggest fish I had caught. It was a great catch. I caught some more fish that day but none of them were as big as the 18 incher.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment