Sunday, March 22, 2015

The A.T.V


We were at my aunt’s ranch in the summer. It was the second day there, and I had just woke up. I was still trying to wake myself up. I was the first one awake, but I few minute later my mom and sister are in the kitchen next to me. After we ate breakfast we started walking half a mile to where my aunt’s cabin was.

It was around 9:30 when we left the cabin so the sun was already out and I didn’t need a coat. The dogs were jumping around and checking out the horses. We were about half way to the cabin and my aunt, uncle, and cousin meet us. They had just been hanging around the horses, and they saw us and our dogs. We chat and explore on our way to the cabin.

When we arrived at the cabin I saw something behind the cabin. My cousin (forest) drives out on an A.T.V. He stops next to my sister and I, then points at me and says “take it for a spin.” An ear to ear grin runs across my face and I hop onto the vehicle after he hops off. He shows my how the go backwards and forwards. I slowly accelerate then get faster and faster.

I go about 20 yards then Forest says to back up. I do what he says and back up towards the cabin. Then he tells me to go back to our cabin, then drive back. I start off and accelerate faster this time. The air cooled me down as I drove to the cabin. I sped up as I went up the hill, and my cabin comes into view. I go around the back of the cabin while kick up mud and sticks.

On my way back my legs were dirty and I had windblown hair. I went faster and the horses seemed to be racing next to me. A trail of dust was following me, and I was having an amazing time. I thought in my head as the cabin came into view “I wish I owned on of these”.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds exciting! Cool slice. I agree with you about the last sentence!!

    ReplyDelete