Saturday, March 21, 2015

Fireworks


The sun had just gone down at my uncle’s house in the mountains. It was the fourth of July. My dad and I had brought a plastic bag full of fireworks, and my uncle took a trash bag out of his garage. I looked inside, and it was three quarters full of both illegal and legal explosives. We walked down there dirt road to where there was a wide area with no trees or bushes, just a wide section of a road.  

I take the fireworks out of my bag, and my dad helps my uncle do the same. I had brought: twelve roman candles, six sky rockets, one hundred bottle rockets, and a huge brick of firecrackers. All of my fireworks were from Wyoming.  My uncle had fountains, sky rockets, a mortar, and more. After we showcased our explosives, we set up and I ran to the house to get the fire extinguisher just in case something went wrong.

When I get back to the area my everyone was there, my aunt, my cousins, my sister, my mom, my dad, and my uncle. I was going to light the first firework. I chose my roman candle. It shoots multicolored fireballs that fit in a plastic tube. I hold it in my hand, light it, and aim it at the sky. Boom, Whoosh, Crack, Bang. The fireballs fly out of the tube like rockets, and explode high in the air.

After that the firework show for the family began. We light off skyrockets, more roman candles, firecrackers, and more. Some of them went off at the same time. Everyone was sitting on rocks, or blowing something up. The whole night I had fun, the sky was lighting up with many different colors, from our family, and others close by.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun. Great slice of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 100 bottle rockets! Love the "Boom, Whoosh, Crack, Bang" Logan. Fun memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fireworks! Nice slice Logan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a lot of... fun. I launch model rockets and I like getting them back. But I guess having a "rocket" explode in all different colors is pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds fun. I mean, I would risk setting stuff on fire, but it still sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete