Saturday, March 14, 2015

Home


I put my bags in my mom’s car. My dad, my mom, and I step into the car. I notice the old empty bag of chips that I had shoved in a compartment in the car. It had been there since before I left. Once we are on our way back home from school we talk all about my class trip to Utah. I talked about all of the activities we did that trip, how much fun it was, and how it felt like I was gone forever.

 

We pull into the garage and everything looks, and smells like it was when I left. My dad takes the large sleeping bag and my bag out of the car. I grab my backpack and my mom opens the door. The dogs are waiting for me: Fenway (the little 18 pound dog), and Homer (the big 125 pound dog). Homer tackles me and licks my face. I get up, wipe the slobber off my face, and pick up Fenway, and he licks my face as well. Then I see my sister standing in front of me. “I missed you,” she says. “I missed you too, it felt like I was gone for an eternity,” I say. I show everyone the pictures of my trip.  After getting hugs, kisses, dogs licks, coming home and getting greeted by my family, and showing everyone the memories that were created and we will be able to keep, I knew I was home.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment