Monday, March 23, 2015

Racing an Airplane

It was a hot day on Little Cayman, and my dad had just rented a scooter. He said I could drive it around the island. Going around Little Cayman would probably take about twenty minutes. He showed me how to go fast and slow and where the brake was. It seemed easy so I hop on and my dad rides on one behind me.

I rev the engine, and then drive off. The wind was blowing my hair, and the scooter was kicking up small pebbles behind me. I felt like I was going fast, but I was going the speed limit. We didn’t see any cars so my dad tells me to speed up. I slowly accelerate, then I se an airplane about to take off.

The pilot had just straitened out to take off. I slow down and come to a stop and look and the pilot. He smiles and me and tips is cap. I smile back, and notice his and raze. He starts counting down from five. He wanted to race me! His propellers speed up, and I rev the engine. 5,4,3,2,1!

His plane moves forward, as I speed off. I could feel some of the wind from the propellers. After all, the runway was next to the road. I go faster and so does the airplane. I look at it as it starts lifting off the ground. The pilot smiles at me again right before he picks up more speed and flies away.


I forgot my dad was behind me, so I slow down and look at my dad who was now beside my. I had a huge grin on my face. I had just raced an airplane! We continue the ride, and the whole time I was thinking I raced and airplane.





2 comments:

  1. Sounds really cool! Grand Cayman sounded like an awesome trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! Lesson in life: Never race an airplane. The airplane always wins.

    ReplyDelete