Friday, March 27, 2015

Champion Chips

I had just showed to the youth basketball championship. Half of my team was warming up and waiting for everyone to show up. I joined them in the drills, and we were all observing the other team while getting ready. They were good, and they made a lot of shots in their warm up, but I thought that my team could win.

We went to the bench and my coach gave the team a pep talk, and told everyone what position to play. I was center, and my friend Alexander was the point guard. We had made some plays and were ready to use them in our final game. Everyone who was playing first went to check in them got on the court.

Our shoes squeaked as we jogged onto to our positions. Once both teams were ready Mason Prepared to jump. The ball goes up in the air, and Mason tips it to Alexander. We run down the court and right off the bat we score. The other tem brought it down the court, and we started defending. I stole the ball and passed it off.

I got into position right out of the three point line, and alexander passed me the ball. I take the shot and it flies into the net. Swish! The game was constantly going back and forth, Scoring or not. The shoes made high pitch squeaks when someone moved or faked another out. Forty-five minutes passed and it was close but we won!

When the buzzer went off my team was jumping up and down, and congratulating each other. We high five the other team and go to the awards room. My heart was pounding because of happiness and excitement. My team got a big trophy and each player got a medal. Pictures were being taken of our team and the trophy. I had so much fun, and I wish I could re-live that game.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment