Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Alarm

I was watching a movie in my room waiting for dinner to come. My favorite scene comes on in my movie. A minute or two pass and in the middle of the scene the fire alarm goes off. I had an alarm in my room so it was loud. My ears were hurting because of the defining sound of the alarm. I run out of the room and jump down the stairs, then sprint out the front door. When I got outside the alarm was still going off.

My sister, my mom, and my dad were all outside and then my mom says something. “Logan, did you have your window open?” she says. “Yes I did” I reply. “Oh. I bet the smoke from the grill went through the widow” she says with a sound of relief. We all go inside and start fanning under the alarms with books and magazines. There was no fire it was just the grill.    

The alarm stops beeping after a chaotic fifteen minutes. We all went down stairs and eat the dinner my mom and made for us. We were all laughing and talking about the way we got out of the house, and how some of us fell. It was chaotic, sort of fun, and a good drill.
 

 

2 comments:

  1. This has happened to me once. My dad was cooking dinner, and then the smoke (more like mist) set the alarm off. Then I had to cover the fire detector with a bowl until dinner was ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom sent off the alarm burning artichokes and carrots, and it was DISGUSTING. I'm glad there wasn't actually a fire

    ReplyDelete