Friday, March 13, 2015

The .22


I walk into my aunt’s house. She takes something off the wall, it’s black and long. It is a gun. She tells me that it is the real deal. It fired the .22 caliber. She calls my mom and my sister so we can all shoot it. Before shooting she teaches us hunter’s safety, but after that we walk down towards the river.

She set up a card board box with a target on it about 40 yards away. My cousin Forest brings a bag of ammo and a magazine. I put ten bullets in the magazine and put it in the gun. I chamber a round and aim at the target. I fire a shot and dust springs up behind the target. I knew I hit the target.

After five rounds the gun jams and I knew what to do. Forest walks over to me to show me what to do but I had already done the process. I finish off the magazine and we go check out the target. I had shot all twenty rounds into a circle about five inches wide. It was fun to shoot a .22 and I was a better shot then I thought.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment