Sunday, February 1, 2015

Wipeout


I step out of car on a hot summer day with my skateboard in hand. I buckle my helmet, put one foot on the skateboard and push the skateboard forward on the smooth surface. For about an hour I board around the park going in the bowls and sometimes catching air. I was doing a bit more to get ready to do what I had been eying all day. The thing I was eying was wave-like rollers that were not jumps. At the end of 10 rollers there was a large jump.  

I board to the side of the park with the rollers and I get ready to drop in. I plant one foot on the board and lean forward. I drop in and go up down, up down, again and again till I reach the jump. I take a slight turn and go off the side of the jump because the large jump was bigger than I thought. I go back around and this time I was going to fly off the middle of the jump. I drop in one more time and right before I go up the ramp I hit a small rock and it stops me in my tracks. Instead of flying off the jump I flew off my skateboard. I hit the ground hard on my shoulder and I feel immediate pain.

I get up and wipe the tears of my face. I look at my shoulder after I got out, it already had a bruise that was throbbing. I get up, walk over to my friend and we both start laughing, hard. Even though the pain in my shoulder was still killing me I kept skateboarding with my friend. It was the ultimate wipeout.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Logan, great detail, and then can't believe you went right on skateboarding after the fall. Glad it wasn't worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great descriptions Logan! So sorry you fell but glad it wasn't bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice description, Logan. This reminds me of the falls I have on snowboards.

    ReplyDelete