Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Drop

We jump into the boat and set the mesh bags to the side. We had the whole boat to ourselves. My cousins and I put the B.C onto the tank and connect the first stage to the tank. After I get all my gear ready to dive. The engine started and the boat speeded away from the shore.

We arrive at the dive site and the dive master briefs us on the dive. The certified family members were going in first. Splash! The dive master drops in last, and then our dive master briefed my cousins and me. It was going to be our first certification dive.


We put our fins on, slide the B.C/tank onto our backs, and get ready to drop in. We were going to be doing a back roll to get into the water. A back roll is were you sit on the side of the boat and fall in backwards. I sit on the edge and put my mask on. 3,2,1! I slide off the boat and splash. I hit the water, and at first it is cold but I adjusted. We go to the rope and go deeper and deeper. The dive began.

1 comment:

  1. And now I want to know what happened, so maybe that's a tale for another day. So exciting that you know how to dive, Logan! (Still need your TBR list!)

    ReplyDelete