Monday, February 9, 2015

Sleding With a Rain Coat


We got out of the car and walked to the Isabel lake trailhead. This hike has always been one of my favorite hikes. It is up hill for a long lime but the views are amazing and the wildlife is interesting and cool. We reach the top of the tree line and in the middle of summer there is still snow. Sometimes the snow would cover the path. I thought of something that would be fun and somewhat dangerous.

I take my raincoat out of my backpack and start walking up the rocks next to the snow. I reach the top of the steep snow pile. It was a long stretch of snow and I was going to slide down it. I put my coat on the snow and sit on it. I dig my feet into the ground, tie the arms of the coat around my waste and prepare to sled down.

I pull my feet out of the ground and I start sliding. I use my feet to steer and my hand to keep my coat under me. My coat sends snow flying because it was cutting through the snow like a speed boat. I get close to the bottom where the snow ends and right before I go off the snow and into the rocks. I stop right away, but I only had a few scrapes. Even though I got a little scraped up in the rocks I still had fun sliding down the snow, and my coat was fine. The idea of sledding turned into a reality and it made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment