Sunday, January 25, 2015

What a Goal

I arrive at the soccer field excited and ready to play. My team and I do our warm ups preparing us for the game. What I didn’t know is that I would score my longest shot toward the end of the game. Some of my teammates and I run onto the field ready to score goals our team was kicking off.

The whistle blew and one teammate kicks team ball to the other then passes it to me. I was playing center mid. I receive the ball, dribble to the side then pass. My teammate sprints while dribbling then crosses the ball to the middle. The kid on the other team steels the ball. The game is constantly going back and forth between the two teams.


After half time my team had scored twice and so does the other. Towards the end of the game I get passed to close to the half line on the right side of the field. I dribble to about 20 feet outside of the box. I take the shot from far out and the ball sores until it flies into the top right corner of the goal. I couldn’t believe I made the shot. The crowd starts screaming either of happiness for our team or disappointment for the other. The shot was the tiebreaker and my team won the game 2 to 3. It was a well-matched game and both teams played hard till the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment